Instagram

Friday, February 7, 2014

ART for sale.



Did you hear? I’m selling my artwork for the first.time.ever.
I’ve always loved&hated the idea of selling my work. Loved the idea of reaching other people and connecting through what I create.  It’s a unique conversation and I love it.  Loved the idea of the feeling of validation that would come with someone wanting what I made enough to buy it. Loved the idea of adding to the happiness in someone’s life with something I’d made that they’d see everyday.
Conversely I’ve always hated the possibility of such vulnerability and failure. Hated that it was possible that I’d put myself out there, and no one would be interested in what I had to offer. I hated the possibility that my art wouldn’t touch people. That it=I wasn’t good enough or talented enough. 

So for years (really though, years) I’ve just told people, “I don’t sell my work”. It’s safer, easier and it’s not scary either. 
Well, recently the timing and my current focuses, on home and happiness (and things that bring goodness into life), seemed right. So, I’ve made my work available to buy. And I’m still pretty scared to death.
I don’t know how it will go, but it was time to chase this dream. 

My new Etsy shop {MichelleMakesArt} is now open, check it out here.




Here are some pieces you'll find up in the shop :)









No comments:

Post a Comment